grumpf: PODC (and security in distributed computing) announcement

Amir Herzberg amir at herzberg.name
Thu Jun 19 10:45:06 EDT 2003

At 09:12 18/06/2003 -0700, Richard Schroeppel wrote/grumpfed:
>Don't assume that I know the subject of your conference!

(and went on to complain about how I forgot to explain what the conference
is about thereby wasting his time)

I agree; sorry!! Please put the blame on me not on Perry... (think of his
position - should he reject such a message ? With or without a note to the
author? Probably easier to just fix it by himself - I am sure Perry knows
what PODC is...)

PODC= Principles of Distributed Computing (imho the leading conf. in this
area)

And this year it'll have a special track on Security in Distributed
Computing (which I chair), and that's why I sent it to this list.

One small excuse: I previously sent on this list the CFP and there I wrote
the full names ... Ok it's a poor excuse I know...

>To balance this cost, you should tell me up front, in the
>teaser, the topic of the conference (it's about podcs?),
>the dates, and the location.

Topic: Distributed computing, and this year special focus on distributed
security and crypto
Dates: July 13-17
Location: Boston, MA

Best, a very apologetic Amir Herzberg