The meat with multiple PGP subkeys

Stefan Kelm kelm at secorvo.de
Wed Jun 18 09:47:01 EDT 2003

David,

> A reasonable question would be "Why don't all the PKS operators
> replace their server with SKS or something else?".  I don't have a
> good answer to that.  It's certainly been asked.[3]

...and has been answered a number of times. The thing is (and most people
seem to forget about this now and then) that most, if not all, of the
pgp.net server operators do run their servers in their spare time. Since
pksd has a long history of not being overly stable one is happy once the
server is up and running. Thus, the never-change-a-running-system
paradigm is being lived in this realm.

Cheers,

	Stefan.
Security Awareness Symposium - 24.-25.06.2003, Karlsruhe
http://www.security-awareness-symposium.de/
Dipl.-Inform. Stefan Kelm
Security Consultant

Secorvo Security Consulting GmbH
Albert-Nestler-Strasse 9, D-76131 Karlsruhe

Tel. +49 721 6105-461, Fax +49 721 6105-455
E-Mail kelm at secorvo.de, http://www.secorvo.de/