Session Fixation Vulnerability in Web Based Apps

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Jun 14 14:36:48 EDT 2003

     --
Rich Salz:

On 14 Jun 2003 at 18:24, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> The problem is that this is not especially useful in
> practice, if your client is IE. Essentially, you can't rely
> on IE to keep ssl sessions open from one request to the next,
> and thus it's not practical to treat this as a significant
> authentication token.

As I said earlier, there is no strong enforceable relationship
between an https session and a login session.

"This fortress wall not merely meets specifications, but is
invincible"

"But in only covers the north side of the fortress, and there
is a gate in the middle that a child could kick down"

"The specification was for the north wall, and the gate is the
responsibility of the supplies and transport division"

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     HbAVQDehUS8SgfQqOI28BdF348siCWO9xi9Ep226
     4yrN59HvscIQo8lQ44oxphi77XJ3ssx4FJUG6y2yd