An attack on paypal

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jun 10 22:44:17 EDT 2003

"James A. Donald" <jamesd at echeque.com> writes:
>On 8 Jun 2003 at 14:47, tom st denis wrote:
>>I disagree.  That attack is more akin to a "Hi, I'm calling
>>from {insert bank here} and we need your CC info to update
>>your file."
>>
>>That doesn't mean credit cards [nor your bank] are flawed.
>
>Actually credit cards, and your bank, are flawed, as any porn
>site operator will tell you.

There's a wonderful story at http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit/ by someone who
tried to see how b0rken he could make his signature before anyone complained.
He tried at various times a random scribble, a crosshatched scribble, a
regular grid, an 'X', a drawing of a stick-figure person, his name in Egyptian
hieroglyphics, various famous people's names, and even "I stole this card".
No-one ever complained.

Peter.