Analysis of TKIP from 802.11i

tom st denis tomstdenis at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 15:24:57 EDT 2003

--- Damian Gerow <dgerow at afflictions.org> wrote:
> Thus spake tom st denis (tomstdenis at yahoo.com) [03/06/03 21:47]:
> > Tommorow afternoon I'll be unleashing a paper on the TKIP algorithm
> > from 802.11i on my website.  My attack breaks the algorithm in
> "theory"
> > and cannot be used in practice just yet.
>
> Care to post where the paper can be found?

I ran into some snafu's.  My attack was based on a truncated
differential [which does exist] but I forgot to take into account the
S/N ratio.  Turns out the attack doesn't work.

I'm going to re-target the paper I was writing and present what results
I did come up with anyways so others will know what I tried.

As it stands right now I haven't broken the TKIP algorithm [in the
black box model I was using].

Tom