"PGP Encryption Proves Powerful"

Jill.Ramonsky at Aculab.com Jill.Ramonsky at Aculab.com
Mon Jun 2 05:04:28 EDT 2003

Actually, I _am_ the proud posessor of a Psion Series 5mx, and I have had
PGP for EPOC installed on it for a few years now. It's not the original,
obviously, but it claims to be a port to the EPOC operating system of PGP
2.6.3ia. The About page says "International version - not for use in the
USA. Does not use RSAREF". It is copyright PanSoftware, and there are two
URLs - www.PanSoftware.com and www.sgsoftware.com.

I don't have source code - which is a bit of a security problem, obviously -
but it produces .pgp files which are compatible with other versions of PGP
2.6.3i, and if you examine the packets of said .pgp files then you find
nothing unexpected.

In summary, I'm reasonably convinced that it really is PGP ... although
personally if my information were REALLY sensitive then I'd probably do my
encryption on some other platform (where I had the source code).

Jill