Announcing httpsy://, a YURL scheme

Tyler Close tyler at waterken.com
Tue Jul 15 00:57:07 EDT 2003

On Monday 14 July 2003 21:27, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> Tyler Close <tyler at waterken.com> writes:
> > The security properties enforced by a YURL implementation are
> > clearly defined at:
> >
> > http://www.waterken.com/dev/YURL/Definition/
>
> I'm afraid they aren't clearly defined at all. I've read the page, and
> I must admit that as peripherally interesting as it might be, for
> example, for you to introduce us to the sociologist Mark Granovetter's
> work on diagrams, etc., and as nice as it is for you to have lots of
> references listed, you've not explained your threat model in a way
> that I readily understand.

I am happy to describe the YURL security model in your preferred
documentation format.  Ideally, if you have a link for a
description of the HTTPS security model that you find acceptable,
I will try to mimic it for HTTPSY.

Thank you,
Tyler

--
The union of REST and capability-based security:
http://www.waterken.com/dev/Web/