Announcing httpsy://, a YURL scheme

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Mon Jul 14 20:04:49 EDT 2003

Tyler Close <tyler at waterken.com> writes:
> I have demonstrated the theory behind YURLs by providing an
> implementation, the Waterken Browser, and by explaining how two
> other widely used systems implement the theory.

Having an implementation demonstrates nothing whatsoever about
security -- many implemented systems are, after all, insecure.

If you wish to demonstrate the security of your system, one would
expect a detailed explanation of the threat model you're trying to
address, and why those threats are thwarted by the design.

Perry