LibTomNet [v0.01]

Tim Dierks tim at dierks.org
Tue Jul 8 17:54:23 EDT 2003

At 05:42 PM 7/8/2003, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
>I believe the Certicom library is somewhere around there in size, and
>it is a pretty extensive implementation.  Costs money though. ;-)

IIRC, the embedded SSL library I wrote (with Chris Hawk) at Certicom was <
64K of 68K code (we originally wrote it for PalmOS devices), including all
crypto, for a fully-compliant SSL 3.0 & X.509v3 implementation (client-side
SSL only, with a profiled subset of SSL ciphersuites and X.509 features, of
course). And it could run with a RAM usage of substantially less than
10K/connection. And we wrote it in less than a month (it was our third or
fourth time implementing SSL and X.509, though).

The complete Certicom library is somewhat bigger, but it's got a lot of
flexibility, (modular crypto interface, etc.), and code size wasn't a
concern on desktop/server platforms.

  - Tim