LibTomNet [v0.01]

Eric Rescorla ekr at rtfm.com
Tue Jul 8 15:19:54 EDT 2003

tom st denis <tomstdenis at yahoo.com> writes:

> --- Eric Rescorla <ekr at rtfm.com> wrote:
> > tom st denis <tomstdenis at yahoo.com> writes:
> > > The point I'm trying to make is that just because a fairly standard
> > > product exists doesn't mean diversity is a bad thing.  Yes, people
> > may
> > > fail to create divergent products but that isn't a bad thing.  You
> > > learn from the faults and create a better product.  I mean by your
> > > logic we would all drive Model T cars since well... diversity is
> > bad.
> > > The model T exists!
> > My logic is that if you're going to create something new, it should
> > be better than what already exists. There is precious little
> > evidence that libtomnet fills that bill.
>
> To you.  You know SSL inside and out.
>
> LibTomNet has eight functions and one data type in the API.  To a
> complete stranger that is a nice welcome change than say all the
> constants, functions, structures in SSL.
As I said before, the problem here isn't SSL. Rather, it's the way
that OpenSSL does things.  Now, it would be a real contribution for
you to write a simple wrapper for OpenSSL. I've seen people do stuff
like that, but it's generally too custom for general use.

-Ekr

--
[Eric Rescorla                                   ekr at rtfm.com]
                http://www.rtfm.com/