[IP] Master Key Copying Revealed (Matt Blaze of ATT Labs)

Matt Blaze mab at research.att.com
Fri Jan 24 14:53:56 EST 2003

I have no particular interest in seeing you eat crickets (and before
I went veggie I've eaten a few myself; taste like whatever they're
cooked in), but I've done it on Medecos; it's no problem.

The angles will be the same on the master as the change key; only the
cut depth will differ.  If you have a code cutter at the oracle lock
it's no different from doing the attack regular locks, except that Medeco's
MACS restrictions mean you have to be careful about whether you use the
change depth or previously learned master depth at the positions adjacent
to the position under test.  If you're using a file at the oracle lock,
just use a code machine to pre-cut a #1 cut at the right angle at each
position; the sharp angle actually makes filing a bit easier than on
locks with a standard cut.

I recommend a light garlic sauce.

-matt