Verizon must comply with RIAA's DMCA subpoena

tpurdy at newsguy.com tpurdy at newsguy.com
Wed Jan 22 17:12:36 EST 2003

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:18:47 -0000, Ian Brown <I.Brown at cs.ucl.ac.uk>
wrote:

>> That would be a wise move. That would continue for about three weeks, and
>> then we'd see a bill out of Congress demanding that ISPs retain identity
>> for, oh, maybe seven years?
>
>UK law enforcement is already asking for this for two years, and subscriber
>details (name, address, payment mechanisms etc.) for five years:
>http://www.guardian.co.uk/bigbrother/privacy/statesurveillance/story/0,12382
>,790124,00.html
>
>Oh, and they want a global system.

That rips it.

I'm conserving juice at the outlet, which limits my entertainment
options and makes me much less of a consumer; new cars have/will-have
GPS to track my donut foraging travels, and are made like crap, so I'm
definitely not buying another; I'm already boycotting all music and
video media, due the goofiness in Hollywood; and now I'll say goodbye to
ISPs that narc for the world government -- 1st world gov, 3rd world, I'm
not sure and who can tell the difference, today anyway.

Does any portion of whatever world government have totalistic designs on
the Yukon?  Sure, the canadian government probably has a stack of
tourist/emmigration forms to fill out, and they'd hate it if I just
dropped out of sight there.  But, if I wore a white parka and ski pants,
I'd look just like another underfed polar bear.  Surely polar bears
aren't on anyone's hit-list?