Key Pair Agreement?

bear bear at sonic.net
Mon Jan 20 21:28:30 EST 2003

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Jeroen C. van Gelderen wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Here is a scenario: Scott wants Alice to generate a key pair after
>which he will receive Alice's public key. At the same time, Scott wants
>to make sure that this key pair is newly generated (has not been used
>before).
>
>I do not know what the proper terminology is to discuss this. Assuming
>there is none, I will call the solution Key Pair Agreement.

Key Pair Agreement already means something though, I thought.  In
Key Pair Agreement, Alice and Bob want to interact so that each
generates one-half of a key pair for an asymmetric encryption system.

The requirements are:

Alice does not know and cannot compute Kbob (bob's key).

Bob does not know and cannot compute Kalice (alice's key).

Each has enough information to assure that the keypair is novel.

Each has enough information to assure that the keypair is not
   contain a "weak key" if the encryption algorithm has weak
   keys.

Encrypt(Encrypt(P, Kbob), Kalice) = P

Encrypt(Encrypt(P, Kalice), Kbob) = P

				Bear