Implementation guides for DH?

Jeroen C. van Gelderen jeroen at vangelderen.org
Wed Jan 1 21:43:14 EST 2003

Adam,

This may be of use:

http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/anderson96minding.html

"Over the last year or two, a large number of attacks have been found
by the authors and others on protocols based on the discrete logarithm
problem, such as ElGamal signature and Diffie Hellman key exchange.
These attacks depend on causing variables to assume values whose
discrete logarithms can be calculated, whether by forcing a protocol
exchange into a smooth subgroup or by choosing degenerate values
directly. We survey these attacks and discuss how to build systems that
are robust against..."

@inproceedings{ anderson96minding,
     author = "Anderson and Vaudenay",
     title = "Minding Your p's and q's",
     booktitle = "{ASIACRYPT}: Advances in Cryptology -- {ASIACRYPT}:
International Conference on the Theory and Application of Cryptology",
     publisher = "LNCS, Springer-Verlag",
     year = "1996",
     url = "citeseer.nj.nec.com/anderson96minding.html" }

Cheers,
-J