[mnet-devel] [Fwd: Re: Lucrative update]

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Wed Feb 19 11:35:24 EST 2003

--- begin forwarded text

From: icepick <icepick at icepick.info>
To: "mnet-devel at lists.sourceforge.net" <mnet-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [mnet-devel] [Fwd: Re: Lucrative update]
Sender: mnet-devel-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
Date: 18 Feb 2003 21:07:13 -0500

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Myers W. Carpenter <myers at maski.org>
To: Digital Bearer Settlement List <dbs at philodox.com>
Subject: Re: Lucrative update
Date: 18 Feb 2003 21:06:08 -0500

You suck! :)

Why?

Because you stole my idea.  I working on something just like this, and
then I would be getting whuffle, but oh no... then you had to go and
take a perfectly good idea that everyone else was ignoring and do
something with it.

http://cryptomonkey.net/cvs/freedbs/

The name is a twist on Ryan Lackey's never released OpenDBS.

My code is in Python.  It's not as far along as yours.  There are some
bugs in coin creation (the coins are smaller than they should be) that I
haven't had the time until now to track down.

My plans were to use XMLRPC for communications, whereas you've used
SOAP.  wxPython for the GUI.  I was hoping to get the Python OpenSSL
wrappers good enough to make use of (the math was a little sluggish in
pure python).

What do you think of getting the two code bases to interop?  I'm fine
with SOAP, although I've never used it before.  I'm interested in why
you picked it over XMLRPC.

Also I may use some of this within Mnet, should we get permission from
the patent holder to make use of the Mojo Nation concept.

myers / icepick

--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA