AES-128 keys unique for fixed plaintext/ciphertext pair?

Anton Stiglic astiglic at okiok.com
Wed Feb 19 11:30:29 EST 2003

> The statement was for a plaintext/ciphertext pair, not for a random-bit/
> random-bit pair. Thus, if we model it terms of a bijection on random-bit
> pairs, we confuse the different statistics for plaintext, ciphertext, keys
and
> we include non-AES bijections.

While your reformulation of the problem is interesting, the initial question
was regarding plaintext/ciphertext pairs, which usually just refers to the
pair
of elements from {0,1}^n, {0,1}^n, where n is the block cipher length.
Think of encrypting n-bit keys....
If you just want to consider the plaintext set to be the subset consisting
of ASCII text in English you should specify so...

--Anton