Ousourced Trust (was Re: Difference between TCPA-Hardware and a smart card and something else before

Anne & Lynn Wheeler lynn at garlic.com
Tue Dec 23 16:52:14 EST 2003

At 02:01 PM 12/23/2003 -0500, Rich Salz wrote:
>If so, then I believe that we need a federated identity and management
>infrastructure. The difference is that the third-party PKI enrollment
>model still doesn't make sense, and organizations will take over their own
>identity issues, as with SAML and Liberty.  Once you do that, adding
>"publicKey" as just another attribute is no big deal.  With any luck, the
>new year will bring the analogy SOAP::other middleware as SAML::x.509 :)

the one detailed presentation that I've so far seen of a SAML based product
.... looked like it had exactly the same message flows description that I
sat thru in a Kerberos project audit in the '80s. I asked the guy making
the presentation about the similarity to Kerberos message flows and he said
something to the effect of ah yes, kerberos.

random kerberos refs:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/subpubkey.html#kerberos

--
Anne & Lynn Wheeler    http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/