Super-Encryption

mlong at bridgetonconsulting.com mlong at bridgetonconsulting.com
Tue Dec 16 13:18:15 EST 2003

Quoting Ben Laurie <ben at algroup.co.uk>:

> Yes, but you could know all this from cipher2 and RSA of SHA1(message),
> so I still don't see what value is added by cipher1.

Without cipher1, implying (iv1, RSA(SHA1(message) || key1)) it is impossible
to determine the originator of the message. Remember, I'm thinking in terms of
XML-ENC where cipher1 is represented by
<enc:EncryptedData>
..
</enc:EncryptedData>
and these scoping elements will be encrypted to the cipher2 result which is
represented by another <enc:EncryptedData> and friends.

Thx,

-Matt