example: secure computing kernel needed

Paul A.S. Ward pasward at ccng.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Dec 11 19:25:51 EST 2003

I'm not sure why no one has considered the PC banking problem to be a
justification for secure computing.  Specifically, how does a user know
their computer has not been tampered with when they wish to use it for
banking access.

Paul

Paul A.S. Ward, Assistant Professor  Email: pasward at ccng.uwaterloo.ca
University of Waterloo                      pasward at computer.org
Department of Computer Engineering   Tel: +1 (519) 888-4567 ext.3127
Waterloo, Ontario                    Fax: +1 (519) 746-3077
Canada N2L 3G1                       URL: http://www.ccng.uwaterloo.ca/~pasward