traffix analysis

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Thu Aug 28 01:05:07 EDT 2003

I agree with anonymous summary of the state of the art wrt
cryptographic anonymity of interactive communications.

Ulf Moeller, Anton Stiglic, and I give some more details on the
attacks anonymous describes in this IH 2001 [1] paper:

http://www.cypherspace.org/adam/pubs/traffic.pdf

which explores this in the context of ZKS Freedom Network, and Pipenet
presenting attacks on the Freedom Network, Onion Network, Crowds and
Pipenet which affect privacy and availability.

Adam

"Traffic Analysis Attacks and Trade-Offs in Anonymity Providing
Systems", IH 2001, Adam Back, Ulf Moeller, and Anton Stiglic.