DRM technology and policy

Jennifer j at qu.to
Sat Apr 26 17:02:59 EDT 2003

---- Original Message ----
From: "Ian Grigg" <iang at systemics.com>

> There is a big shift going on here:  marginal costs
> just went to zero.  (Actually, not quite zero, but
> they went below the noise or measurement threshold
> for a lot of cases, so let's stick to the zero
> assumption.)

I just wanted to point out that it is still quite relevant that the marginal
cost is not zero. Say "approaches zero" or "very low constant marginal cost"
to be more accurate. It is important because just how close to zero the cost
is (like copying a movie costs me -in the economic sense - more than copying
a movie) will affect how we calibrate our policies, both privately and
publicly.