DRM technology and policy

Paul Walker paul at black-sun.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 19:34:12 EDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 04:24:17PM -0700, David Honig wrote:

> Oh please.  Of course you wouldn't believe any 1 random (reputationless)
> person. But if lots of people saw it, you'd probably believe something was
> there vs. a brainfart or deception.  That's also how we distinguish
> others' hallucinations and deceptions from reality.

A good point. But then lots of people still believe the Good Times virus
will fry their CPU, so just having it in lots of places doesn't mean it's
true. :-)

In general I agree with the original poster, I'm just trying to make the
point that online sources are already unreliable in this way.

--
Paul

... leafing through Yellow Pages at 1AM Sunday in a desperate search for a
24-hour goatherd can be highly frustrating.
 -- Tanuki the Racoon Dog in the Monastery