DRM technology and policy

Paul Walker paul at black-sun.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 14:35:16 EDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 09:43:43PM +0000, Andreas Bogk wrote:

> information from a back issue.  It's hard to modify past.  On the
> other hand, with an online newspaper where it was impossible to save a
> copy of the article, modification of history boils down to changing a
> single file on a single server.  Orwell, we're only 20 years late.

Just to point out that any newspaper which is only published online can be
changed easily. The fact people can save copies isn't that relevant, since
they could easily have faked them. Same with screenshots etc. DRM is
something of a red herring here. :-)

--
Paul

I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue.
 -- Richard Nixon