DRM technology and policy

C Wegrzyn wegrzyn at garbagedump.com
Tue Apr 22 14:12:28 EDT 2003

Boy has this gone on for a long time. It is a very religious issue. Let
me start out by saying that I was once the CTO of a DRM company -
Authentica. Now with that said here is how I see it. DRM can be viewed
in a totally different way. It is meant to keep most of the people
"honest" but will never stop those that really want at the content. If
you look at it this way you will see that you don't need to worry about
stopping every instance just make it hard enough that 80% (90%?) of the
people can't crack it.

We all know on this list that nothing is completely secure, regardless
of how hard you try. Whatever the mind of man can create someone can
figure out how to get around it.

FWIW,
Chuck Wegrzyn