DMCA Crypto Software

Sidney Markowitz sidney at sidney.com
Thu Apr 17 22:11:16 EDT 2003

 "Nomen Nescio" <nobody at dizum.com> wrote:
> So content in general would have a limited time in which
> it was protected. This would be the window in which
> profitability was possible.

Profitability is not possible now given the time of protection is zero?

I wonder at what point it makes obvious sense to simply have an economic
model for content that incorporates the ease with which it can be copied.

It would be interesting to see what it is possible to do with a player that
executes its content. That opens a lot more possibilities for hacking it
than one has available in the current dumb players.

 -- sidney markowitz
     sidney at sidney.com