don't like the price? change the barcode!

Paul Lambert PaulLambert at AirgoNetworks.Com
Tue Apr 15 16:09:32 EDT 2003

The membership cards at many stores use barcodes (
http://www.nocards.org/ ).

While most have a magnetic stripe, they are often entered using
a bar code scanner (especially when the mag stripe accidentally gets
erased).

Many home labeling machines are able to print bar codes.  White
home made bar code labels placed on the card are difficult to
distinguish from the original card.

For example, the 'Safeway Club Card' that I'm currently using
is '41002004587'.  Anyone with a label machine can now identify
themselves at Safeway using this number.  This identification
will effectively prevent the fines imposed by Safeway for
those that refuse to identify themselves.

Paul