Via puts RNGs on new processors

David Honig dahonig at cox.net
Tue Apr 8 13:59:01 EDT 2003

At 12:20 PM 4/8/03 -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

>The new Via Technologies x86 clone processors appear to have on-board
>cryptography support, including a hardware random number generator.
>
>http://www.via.com.tw/en/Digital%20Library/PR030122Nehemiah.jsp

Sec 3.1:

When exiting low-power mode, the contents of the shift register are
discarded and the next complete byte destined for the shift register is
also discarded.                      ^^^^	                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Did they mean "bit" vs "byte"?
Or did they mean "FIFO" instead of "shift register"?  [I think so]