Cryptogram: Palladium Only for DRM

Pete Chown Pete.Chown at skygate.co.uk
Wed Sep 18 15:53:11 EDT 2002

Peter wrote:

> Hi Pete - I'm confused. Are you suggesting that I should enjoy these
> freedoms on SW which I don't have legal rights to?

No.

> If not, then I don't see how any of these freedoms are affected by Pd.

Well, how about the freedom to modify the software.  You said that it
might be possible for users to compile the software themselves.  This
would allow them to audit the software's function.  It would not allow
them to change it, because a modified version wouldn't be trusted by the
network.

--
Pete