Cryptogram: Palladium Only for DRM

Pete Chown Pete.Chown at skygate.co.uk
Tue Sep 17 07:16:15 EDT 2002

AARG!Anonymous wrote:

> In addition, I have argued that trusted computing in general will work
> very well with open source software.  It may even be possible to allow
> the user to build the executable himself using a standard compilation
> environment.

This says it all.  "It may even be possible for you to keep a small
subset of the freedoms you enjoy today."

Have you seen Richard Stallman's introduction to free software?  I'd be
interested to know what you think of each of the "freedoms" and whether
you think they are available under Palladium/TCPA:

(Some of the freedoms are unaffected, of course.)

--
Pete