Help Wanted: Security software engineer in Maryland, USA

Dan Veeneman dan at etoan.com
Wed Sep 11 16:00:35 EDT 2002

[Normally I don't think that help wanteds are appropriate here, but
this one seems to have better intentions than most and the market is
bad... --Perry]

Hello,

We're looking to either hire or contract with a crypto/security engineer
that can take the lead on shepherding a secure data modem through
the hoops of FIPS 140-2 with the end goal of receiving NIST validation.

The product exists and is operating.  The firmware currently provides
DES, 3DES and Skipjack encryption with SHA-1 authentication.
This code (written in C on an embedded platform) needs to be reviewed
and possibly modified for FIPS 140-2 compliance.  Documentation
needs to be developed for submittal to a NIST lab (we have a Tech Writer
in-house to support this effort).

Work will be performed in Maryland, near Gaithersburg.  Telecommuting
is not an option, sorry.

Rather than take up more list bandwidth, drop me a line for further details.

Cheers,

Dan