M-209 for sale on EBay

Arnold G. Reinhold reinhold at world.std.com
Tue Oct 29 08:25:22 EST 2002

I'd have to agree with Jim.  I have some WW II military radios in my
basement and they look pretty pristine on the inside.  Military
equipment is built for long shelf life.  Even stuff that's seen a lot
of service often cleans up nicely. Also the (unmet) minimum bid for
the M-209 on Ebay was $3000. It's hard to see how someone could make
a small quantity of something that mechanically complex and make much
money selling them for $3000 each.

Arnold Reinhold