M-209 for sale on EBay

Richard Johnson rdump at river.com
Mon Oct 28 16:55:10 EST 2002

At 12:01 -0600 on 2002-10-28, Matt Crawford wrote:
>> There's an M-209 for sale on EBay:
>>
>> 	http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=726499988
>>
>> Interestingly enough, some people are blocked "for legal reasons" from
>> getting to it.
>
> Even more interestingly, connecting from a Department of Energy
> network IP address with a .gov domain name gets me a message about
> "blocked due to legal restrictions in your home country."

Looks like it's cookie sensitivity on eBay's part.  They screwed up.

Works:
	Lynx 2.8.4rel.1
	Links 0.96
	Mozilla 1.1
	Netscape 6.2.3
	Internet Explorer 5.2

Doesn't work:
	OmniWeb 4.1

The difference, other than the browser ID string?  My OmniWeb cookie db has
3 prefs cookies for eBay.  The other browsers do not have prefs cookies
stored.

The eBay login referenced by those cookies in OmniWeb lists a US postal
address complete with zip code.  Ergo, by typical eBay logic, I am not
allowed to view the item.

Richard