M-209 for sale on EBay

Jay D. Dyson jdyson at treachery.net
Sun Oct 27 16:39:28 EST 2002

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, Jeffrey I. Schiller wrote:

> > There's an M-209 for sale on EBay:
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=726499988
>
> Auction closes in about 4 hours and no one has bid...

	Small wonder.  The unit in question appears to have a distinct
lack of wear and no sign of degradation from regular use.  Having worked
with U.S. military hardware (mid 1980s) that was from the Korean conflict
era, I can attest that *nothing* ever came our way that was that pristine.
This in itself leads me to believe the item up for bid is a replica.

	While of interest, such an item is nowhere near the dollar value
presently at bid.

-Jay

  ))   ))   .--"There's always time for a good cup of coffee"--.   >====<--.
 `--' `--'  `- Your security is no joke.  Well...okay, it is. -'  `------'