Microsoft marries RSA Security to Windows

Roy M.Silvernail roy at scytale.com
Wed Oct 9 07:10:20 EDT 2002

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 10:11 pm, it was said:

> Microsoft marries RSA Security to Windows

[...]

> The first initiatives will centre on Microsoft's licensing of RSA SecurID
> two-factor authentication software and RSA Security's development of an RSA
> SecurID Software Token for Pocket PC.

And here, I thought that a portion of the security embodied in a SecurID
token was the fact that it was a tamper-resistant, independent piece of
hardware.  Now M$ wants to put the PRNG out in plain view, along with its
seed value. This cherry is just begging to be picked by some blackhat,
probably exploiting a hole in Pocket Outlook.