Gaelic Code Talkers

bear bear at sonic.net
Thu Oct 3 10:48:16 EDT 2002

Neal Stephenson probably ran into a similar story; he inserts it
(in fictionalized, names-changed form) in his novel Cryptonomicon.
You can probably find some references to the historical precedences
by googling starting there.

[Moderator's Note: I think Stephenson's story didn't seem to involve
code talkers, and appeared to be entirely fictional... --Perry]

				Bear