Secure Electronic and Internet Voting

Ed Gerck egerck at nma.com
Sat Nov 16 05:20:33 EST 2002

I want to spread the word about a newly published book
by Kluwer, where I have a chapter explaining Safevote's
technology and why we can do in voting (a much harder
problem) what e-commerce has not yet accomplished (it's
left as an exercise for the reader to figure out why
e-commerce has not yet done it; hints by email if you
wish). This book serves as a good introduction to other
systems and some nay-sayers.  The book's URL is
http://www.wkap.nl/prod/b/1-4020-7301-1

With the US poised to test Internet voting in 2004/6,
this book may provide useful, timely points for the
discussion. We can't audit electrons but we can certainly
audit their pattern.

Cheers,
Ed Gerck