IKE Libaries?

Ryan McBride mcbride at countersiege.com
Tue Nov 5 17:24:50 EST 2002

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 01:39:16PM -0800, crypto novice wrote:
> is there any IPSEC IKE library out there (in C, C++,
> Java, Perl, etc)? or people just rewrite their own
> versions and hope they are all  compatible with each
> other?

I'll assume you mean free :-)

You can take a look at OpenBSD's isakmpd (written in C), which comes
with a BSD license. My strong suspicion is that many "proprietary"
devices out there use this code as a basis for their implementations.

There are also the BSD licensed Kame (http://www.kame.net) and the GPL'd
FreeS/Wan non-RFC-compliant implementation (http://www.freeswan.org) to
look at.  Just take a peek at the source yourself:

OpenBSD isakmpd: http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sbin/isakmpd/
Kame racoon: http://orange.kame.net/dev/cvsweb.cgi/kame/kame/kame/racoon/
FreeS/Wan: ftp://ftp.xs4all.nl/pub/crypto/freeswan/

-Ryan

Ryan T. McBride, CISSP - mcbride at countersiege.com
Countersiege Systems Corporation - http://www.countersiege.com
PGP key fingerprint = 8BA0 A58C 5038 9157 59C3  F9E6 6DDA 6611 BF4C 776B