authentication protocols

David Jablon dpj at theworld.com
Fri Mar 29 23:26:49 EST 2002

John,

Do your parties have any shared secret information?

If they share a cryptographic key, they can use a
simple hash-based challenge/response protocol.

If the have shared passwords or any other small
secrets, they can use EKE or SPEKE.

There are lots of neat tricks that might be applicable,
but you should first describe your needs in more detail.

-- David