crypto question

Mike Brodhead mkb at black-ice.org
Fri Mar 22 17:08:55 EST 2002

> The problem is doing it in a way that is affordable and doesn't
> require an army.

[snip]

> I'm not sure what changes in your argument if you delete the word
> "physical."  Perhaps we should all just give up with this security
> nonsense.

:)

Agreed.  It's not about perfect security, it's about Good Enough
security.  Risk is not something we can eliminate, but it is something
we can manage.

It does not surprise me when non-security people forget that point,
but I am really surprised at how often security people seem to forget
it.

--mkb