crypto question

McMeikan, Andrew McMeikanA at logica.com
Thu Mar 21 20:43:22 EST 2002

Many thanks on all the pointers and interest.

Although I was planning on sneaking around making more progress before
letting the cat out the bag, I guess it is time to expose it for some open
criticism.

This is just a plan so far, no code yet.  Although until the ability to
safely split encryption code across nodes, it will have to have a central
(or group of trusted) servers, rather than fully distributed.

You will probably all point out many obvious pit-falls, if you do please
also offer suggestions ;)

I have thought of several ways of getting the job done, but I am sure there
are better.

Apologies to those I emailed a blank file to, I managed to wipe a
significant amount of work, and have replaced it with something really
tacked together.

If I am stepping to hard on any patents, or too close to any other 'business
model' etc... A polite nudge is much better than a law suit.  Thanks.

http://pktp.sourceforge.net has a description of how I imagine it working.

I hope that explains exactly why I was making my enquiry.

Again many thanks for the many pointers.

	cya,	Andrew...

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.