ANNOUNCE: PureTLS 0.9b2

Eric Rescorla ekr at rtfm.com
Fri Mar 1 19:11:25 EST 2002

ANNOUNCE: PureTLS version 0.9b2
Copyright (C) 1999-2002 Claymore Systems, Inc.

http://www.rtfm.com/puretls

DESCRIPTION
PureTLS is a free Java-only implementation of the SSLv3 and TLSv1
(RFC2246) protocols. PureTLS was developed by Eric Rescorla for
Claymore Systems, Inc, but is being distributed for free because we
believe that basic network security is a public good and should be a
commodity. PureTLS is licensed under a Berkeley-style license, which
basically means that you can do anything you want with it, provided
that you give us credit.

This is a beta release of PureTLS. Although it has undergone a fair
amount of testing and is believed to operate correctly, it no doubt contains
significant bugs, which this release is intended to shake out. Please
send any bug reports to the author at <ekr at rtfm.com>.

MAJOR CHANGES FROM 0.9b1
        Security fix: protection from injection attacks
	TWO new build systems using make and ant instead of shell/batch files.
	SSLv2 backcompatibility handshake
	Socket.close() in close
	JDK 1.3X port
	SSLSocket/Socket separation
	A new constructor for SSLSocket that lets you wrap an existing socket.
	SHA-1 with RSA certs
	Removed automatic DH key generation
	Key generation (SPKAC, PKCS-10, self-signed certs)
	A lot of bug fixes.

We consider PureTLS 0.9b2 to be the best available version of PureTLS.
We strongly recommend that users of older versions upgrade as soon as
possible.

WEB SITE
http://www.rtfm.com/puretls