PAM module using iButton

Enzo Michelangeli em at who.net
Thu Jun 27 19:26:13 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dierk Bolten" <dbolten at web.de>
To: <java-powered-ibutton at dalsemi.com>
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 2:33 AM
Subject: Re: [java-powered-iButton]Newbie to iButton

Hi!

I wrote a PAM module for Linux that authenticates users to the system with a
RSA based challenge-response protocol using the iButton to store the private
part of the RSA-key.

Since you want to do something similar, you might want to check it out. It
can be found
under:

http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/dierk.bolten/pam_ibutton.html

Cheers,
Dierk

java-powered-ibutton at dalsemi.com schrieb am 26.06.02 19:04:42:
> Hello,
>      I do not have much idea about the iButton as I started reading about
it
> recently. My primary interest is to build an application which would allow
> for secure logon/access to any computer. I thought i'd do it in java( both
> the Host and the applet). I am not able to find appropriate help on this
> site, may be I didnt search properly. Any guidance how to go about(an
> outline) and any reference of URL's would be apprecited.
> Thanks in advance.

Dierk Bolten
FAX: 01212 / 5 - 10673326
e-mail: dbolten at web.de
homepage: www-users.rwth-aachen.de/dierk.bolten
My PGP public  key can be found on my homepage (follow Links).

To UNSUBSCRIBE, edit your profile, or visit the list archives, go to: