TCPA / Palladium FAQ (was: Re: Ross's TCPA paper)

Ed Gerck egerck at nma.com
Wed Jun 26 19:56:12 EDT 2002

Interesting Q&A paper and list comments. Three
additional comments:

1. DRM and privacy  look like apple and speedboats.
Privacy includes the option of not telling, which DRM
does not have.

2. Palladium looks like just another vaporware from
Microsoft, to preempt a market like when MS promised
Windows and killed IBM's OS/2 in the process.

3. Embedding keys in mass-produced chips has
great sales potential. Now we may have to upgrade
processors also because the key  is compromised ;-)

Cheers,
Ed Gerck

PS: We would be much better off with OS/2, IMO.