Ross's TCPA paper

Ross Anderson Ross.Anderson at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 25 11:24:35 EDT 2002

I agree. I play music because I want to, not because I have to. (As a
student I played professionally as I could earn more that way than by
working on a building site.)

I, and many other amateur musicians, are however frustrated by the
fact that if we were to post some sets on our web pages, we'd be
limited to out-of-copyright stuff, and to stuff we composed entirely
ourselves.

Even playing `happy birthday' can get you into trouble from the
performing rights society.

SO there are legislative issues to tackle - but it will be a long haul

Ross