Steven Levy buys Microsoft's bullshit hook, line, and sinker

Jay D. Dyson jdyson at treachery.net
Sun Jun 23 23:20:56 EDT 2002

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Bram Cohen wrote:

> Of course, the TCPA has nothing to do with security or privacy, since
> those are OS-level things. All it can really do is ensure you're running
> a particular OS.
>
> It's amazing the TCPA isn't raising all kinds of red flags at the
> justice department already - it's the most flagrant attempt to stifle
> competition I've ever seen.

	It's even more amazing that those who care about security at all
aren't nearly as up in arms about this matter.  The very idea that the one
company with the longest history of producing the most pernicious security
problems in the digital world is being suddenly embraced as that very
world's savior.

	What's next?  Claiming that Usama bin Laden is our best choice to
lead our newly-formed Department of Homeland Defense?

-Jay

  ))   ))   .--"There's always time for a good cup of coffee"--.   >====<--.
 `--' `--'  `-- I'll be diplomatic...when I run out of ammo. --'  `------'