DRM Helmets For Everyone

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Sat Jun 8 23:21:34 EDT 2002

--- begin forwarded text

Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 21:19:31 +0200 (CEST)
From: Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org>
To: Bill Humphries <bill at whump.com>
Cc: Gordon Mohr <gojomo at usa.net>, <fork at xent.com>
Subject: Re: DRM Helmets For Everyone
Sender: fork-admin at xent.com

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Bill Humphries wrote:

> If you haven't, you really need to read Karl Schroder's new novel
> _Permamence_ which incorporates this idea.

"... lowering the threshold for the cranial explosive trigger in your
GuardHelmet(TM) for copyright violation will result in big saving on LEOs
while simultaneously addressing the overpopulation problem in unit 589.
I think you'll be thrilled to learn that the next scheduled firmware
reflash (broadcast at +5 ksec) enhancing EEG DSP and disruptive TMS will
also effectively squash on the residual thoughtcrime issue recently
brought to our attention..." -- a Ministry of Truth Announcement scrolling
over your headup display

--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA