My Pal Palladium

Udhay Shankar N udhay at pobox.com
Sat Jul 20 00:24:08 EDT 2002

At 04:20 AM 7/20/02 -0400, reusch wrote:

>http://online.securityfocus.com/columnists/96
>"Palladium promises to eliminate buffer overflows"
>
>Oh, yea, right, because the code is signed, magic pixie
>dust, poof, there are no buffer overflows. -MFR

I like [1] the fact that "Trusted Computing" basically boils down to this:

In the BEST possible case (i.e, *no* technical design or implementation
errors. None whatsoever.) you get to be at the mercy of Microsoft and
whoever they are in bed with at the time. This Is A Feature, Not A Bug.

The implications of the various other scenarios, given Microsoft's sterling
record on security, are left as an exercise for the reader.

Udhay

[1] The word "like" has a similar relation to its normal usage as the word
"trusted" above.

      God is silent. Now if we can only get Man to shut up.