Microsoft censors Newsweek - and new version of TCPA FAQ

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Wed Jul 10 23:37:33 EDT 2002

--- begin forwarded text

Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:15:22 -0700
To: cypherpunks at lne.com
From: John Young <jya at pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: Microsoft censors Newsweek - and new version of TCPA FAQ
Sender: owner-cypherpunks at lne.com

We failed to save a copy of Steven Levy's Palladium article in Newsweek
and online at MSNBC, now withdrawn by MSNBC. We can find no copy
online. Whoever save a copy: we would like to receive it for publication to
assure its continued availability.

A Microsoft programmer, John DeTreville, named in the alleged
"Palladium" patent published on Cryptome, has written us
(copy below) to deny the ms-drm-os patent is Palladium -- which
he claims is based on another patent or several of them. We would
appreciate leads on which patent or patents he is referring to.

Thanks.

-----