"Wild and Crazy": Interview with Palladium's Mario Juarez

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Jul 2 19:31:11 EDT 2002

    --
On 2 Jul 2002 at 15:45, pasward at shoshin.uwaterloo.ca wrote:
> In other words, when the MB is fried because of some freak
> electrical surge, I'm screwed, because I can't put the HD into
> another machine and get the data off it?

Only that data that you choose to associate with that specific
computer.

This is a very useful privacy protecting feature.

Of course another use of that feature, more useful to large
corporations and less useful to yourself is that those
corporations can sell you programs and entertainment content that
can only be read on that machine, and ceases to exist when that
machines trusted chip is fried -- they can sell you data that will
be associated with that particular computer, even though you would
prefer it not to be so associated.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     8KpRBENoQKtlOVgNYunEkBsAkozcXsuf8zdGwPdq
     2hetBbJ6k4/vezSEkl/kwNQeBMLsRrLE3f+cbtQvn