"Wild and Crazy": Interview with Palladium's Mario Juarez

ji at research.att.com ji at research.att.com
Tue Jul 2 17:08:31 EDT 2002

<pasward at shoshin.uwaterloo.ca> writes:
> In other words, when the MB is fried because of some freak electrical
> surge, I'm screwed, because I can't put the HD into another machine
> and get the data off it?

What's wrong with your backups? :-)

This is like a problem Windows already has: if you move a disk onto
different hardware, more often than not you can't boot because the
wrong Hardware Adaptation Layer info is in the disk's boot sector.  At
least you can recover the data by mounting it as a second disk.

/ji